Job Posting: Part-time Box Office Attendant
We are currently seeking a personable, customer service savvy Box Office Attendant to join our team. As a Box Office Attendant at Darke Hall, you will play a crucial role in making an excellent first impression on our patrons, ensuring that they have an exceptional and memorable experience.
Darke Hall Society is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that operates the recently renovated historic concert venue. Our programming includes presentations of contemporary and classical music, theatre, comedy, and dance. We are also a rental venue that gives priority to local artists and arts organizations as well as the U of R Conservatory of Performing Arts and the Department of Music.
- Provide excellent in person and by phone customer service to patrons purchasing tickets and passes to Darke Hall events. Maintain composure and positive attitude when handling diverse customer reactions.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the theatre's seating plan, ticket pricing, and available promotions to provide valuable assistance to customers during the ticket purchasing process.
- Develop proficiency in Theatre Manager ticketing software and manage ticket sales and data entry with accuracy and efficiency. Training will be provided.
- As required and directed, run Theatre Manager reports including daily sales trackers, weekly reports for agents and renters, patron lists, and final box office reports.
- Attend staff meetings and training events during regular working hours as required.
- Provide performance box office staff with the information and updates required for a seamless transition between daytime and evening performances.
- Maintain a safe and organized box office environment, ensuring compliance with security and data protection policies.
- Contribute to a positive team environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, resolving issues promptly and effectively.
- Strong organizational and multitasking abilities, handling multiple responsibilities with ease.
- Comfortability with computer programs including Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of ticketing software is an asset, but not required.
- Passion for the arts and theatre, with an understanding of the unique demands of the industry.
- This is a 20 hour per week position, Wednesday to Saturday from 12 pm to 5 pm.
- Compensation: $18 per hour
- There is a three-month probation period, after which the position will be eligible for the Darke Hall benefit plan.
- Position start date: early September 2023
If you are a proactive, customer-focused individual with a passion for theatre, we invite you to apply for the Box Office Attendant position. Join our vibrant and creative team in providing unforgettable experiences for our audience. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com
Darke Hall is committed to inclusion and diversity in hiring. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Darke Hall is committed to providing employees with a barrier free work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
Application deadline: September 1, 2023
We look forward to hearing from you and finding the perfect candidate to help us create magical moments at Darke Hall.